Covering Your Care
When you’re trying to comfort loved ones who are suffering from a terminal illness, the last thing you want to worry about is the price tag. Blue Horizons Hospice can help you navigate your coverage. Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance companies have a hospice care benefit as it relates to a previously diagnosed terminal illness.
These benefits often include managing the symptoms, pain management, and the maintenance of daily activities and functional abilities.
Medicare Hospice Care Part A will pay for:
Services Related to the Diagnosed Illness:
- Doctor and nursing care
- Drugs for pain management
- Counseling services for patient and family
- 13-month bereavement care for family
Medical Supplies Related to the Diagnosed Illness:
- Hospital beds and routine mattress changes
- Canes, crutches and walkers
- Shower/bath chairs
- Bedside commodes
- Catheters, syringes, dressings and latex gloves
- Incontinence supplies
Have Specific Questions?
Contact a local Blue Horizons Hospice financial specialist for help with further questions you have about cost and coverage.